EVERY SUNDAY at ST. MATTHEW'S:
Sunday School 9:00-9:50 a.m. (classes for children and adults)
Worship / Holy Communion*, 10:00-11:00 a.m.
We have Children's Church Activities during worship for Kindergarten and younger.
Time of fellowship: 11:00 (coffee, treats, visiting)
*All are welcome to receive the Lord's Body and Blood who are baptized in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit and believe that Jesus Christ, crucified and risen, is truly present in, with and under the forms of bread and wine for the forgiveness of sins, life and salvation.
On the first Friday of each month, 7-10 pm, we host Acoustical Jam. Join us for music and fun w/ guitars, violins, banjos etc., singing, fellowship and snacks! Bluegrass, folk, country, gospel and rock 'n roll! Musicians and spectators welcome!
The adult Sunday School class is studying Philippians and Colossians. Please join us at 9 am each Sunday!
- Sunday, Feb. 7 - Baby (Girl) Shower for Stephanie and Faisa Atomsa, 11 am-noon (in the dining room, immediately following St. Matthew's worship).
- Wed. Feb 10 - Consistory meeting, 6 pm
- Wed. Feb 17 - Women's Fellowship, 6 pm
- Sunday, Feb 21 - potluck meal following worship
- Friday, March 5 - St. Matthew's Kids "Cows 'n Camp" soup supper fundraiser 5:30-7 pm; Acoustical Jam 7-10 pm.
- Sunday, March 13 - the Dysart Family will be singing for us during the worship hour. There will be a free-will offering for them.
- Friday, March 18 - Free EASTER CONCERT Concert by Canto Chorale, 7:30 pm.
- Sunday, March 20 - PALM SUNDAY. Biscuits and gravy meal following worship.
- Thursday, March 24 - MAUNDY THURSDAY SERVICE, 7 pm
- Friday, March 25 - GOOD FRIDAY SERVICE (during the day, time to be determined)
- Sunday, March 27 - EASTER - "He is Risen!" (Easter egg hunt following worship)
Other congregations meeting at St. Matthews:
Ebenezer Oromo (Ethiopian) Evangelical Church of Kansas City (a mission congregation of the NALC). Worship at 12 noon each Sunday. Pastor Faisa Atomsa. Services are held in the Oromo language.
Missouri Micronesian Church (a new mission congregation of the NALC). Worship at 3:00 p.m.each Sunday. Pastor Phillip Istaro. Services are held in the Chuukese language.
Also check out our Facebook page!
Click on NALC Newsletter for the current issue.
Click HERE for the July 2015 issue of the NALC Newsletter. It includes an article about Pastor Atomsa and the Ebenezer Oromo church!